Planning & Procurement Liaison
Ferguson Marine Port Glasgow is currently recruiting for a Planning/Procurement Liaison (Fixed Term Contract) within the Engineering function to support queries from Planning and Procurement.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Engineering team day to day point of contact for planning and procurement staff
- Responsible for requisitioning of bulk materials from BOMs provided by the designers
- Review requisitions raised by the engineering team for accuracy and present them to the Head of Engineering for approval
- Support collection of hazardous material information from procurement
- Work with the procurement team when suppliers suggest alternative materials.
- Support planning and engineering departments to identify deliverables not determined by existing drawing information, such as requirement for creation of additional supporting information to enable outputs
- Support of FMPG document control team with management of documents, and processes including up-issuing of information.
- Manage, organise, and distribute technical queries raised, inputting each query in the Technical Query Database and either providing a solution or engaging with various departments to determine priority and resolution
- Liaise with the design and engineering teams to manage technical queries
- Create and maintain a lesson learned database for the engineering department.
- Capable of reading drawings, understanding BOMs
- Able to use AutoCAD and Microsoft Office, high quality excel skills are necessary
- Production experience - an advantage
- Drawing office / design experience – an advantage
Required knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Strong collaborator with exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Self-starter, able to set priorities appropriately and work to deadlines
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org