Responsible for leadership of the commissioning activities for all vessels being built at Ferguson Marine.
Planning and Strategy
• Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the Testing and Commissioning (T&C) Strategy for the business and each vessel.
• Responsible for continually reviewing the commissioning strategies; updating, revising and reporting on progress as necessary, to ensure the process meets the project requirements.
• Ownership and accountability of the T&C activities in the programme plan.
Design Development and Documentation
• Support the development of the design and the production of test and commissioning documentation to support the full T&C programme.
• Support the design to ensure systems can be tested and commissioned.
• Identify and include test and commissioning requirements in supplier technical specifications.
• Liaise with equipment / system suppliers to ensure T&C requirements are incorporated in the vessel design.
• Support equipment Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s).
Test and Commission Execution
• Deliver the T&C element of the overall programme.
• To lead an integrated team for commissioning.
• To work with production on the handover of systems for commissioning.
• To develop, manage and agree the sea trials programme with the customer and internally.
• To work with the Client and third-party verification bodies to agree the acceptance strategy for each vessel.
• Ensure that the contract requirements for acceptance are reflected in the design, supplier contracts and the programme.
• To manage the acceptance process.
Departmental Policies, Processes & Procedures
• Responsible for the development of new T&C policies and procedures.
• Managing the approval process of new T&C policies and procedures.
• Managing the implementation of all T&C policies and procedures.
• Responsible for setting and ensuring adherence to departmental and program KPI’s.
• Responsible for department budget.
• Responsible for allocating resource effectively and appropriately.
• Identifying resourcing shortfalls and recruitment and devising a business case for additional staff when required, in line with Company procedures.
• Role of Interview Panel Member.
• Responsible for Line Manager and Department Induction of new employees.
Learning and Development
• Managing your own performance and development and taking responsibility for supporting the development of others.
• Establish and maintain the staffing structure of the Team. Assign work responsibilities, set expectations and provide performance feedback.
• Responsible for development of personal development plans for procurement employees.
REQUIRED BEHAVIOURS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Leading the business and managing change
• Service delivery
• Driving performance & standards
• Applying professional standards
• Analysing & judging
• Planning & organising
• Managing People
• Developing self & others
• Working together & valuing difference
• Effectively communicating & managing relationships
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Relevant experience – 10 years in a marine or offshore commissioning environment
• Computer literate – commissioning management systems
• Be able to absorb and assess information quickly
• Effective communication and networking skills with social confidence, good team worker
• Logical reasoning with can do attitude
• Third level qualifications in relevant field i.e. Marine Engineer’s ticket.